Monday, June 1, 2009

Macro Bugs Me

.... until I actually go outside and do some. Insects are generally cooperative as long as you don't invade their closest security zone. Helpful too if they are busy eating/gathering.


Common house fly.... not even cute up close.
Good thing bees don't have allergies.


This one is for Donna (Just Me) I won't see hummingbirds until July... when the neighbors butterfly bushes are in full bloom. But I do see hummingbird moths pretty much all summer long. They are fast and flit just like their avian cousins.

6 comments:

  1. I planted a butterfly bush (trumpet vine) this year; I've moved it three times because of the dire warnings that it will totally engulf my house and eat me alive, but I decided if it becomes a problem, I'll turn it over to Cliff: He knows how to kill any plant that gets in his way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the common house fly isn't cute but what terrific color. great shots. thanks.

    pFlow/Mo Rage

    www.kcphotogblog.blogspot.com
    www.moravings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, my camera does pretty decent macros but nothing like this. plus flies tend not to be as patient posing for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cheated a bit with these macros.... used a 70-200 zoom with 1.7 teleconverter and a 500D Canon (I know just shoot me) macro "filter".... they call it a filter but it's really just a threaded optical magnifier... allows me to be back a foot or more from the "subject."

    ReplyDelete
  5. will be eating moths now. thanks. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moths taste kinda fuzzy. They're a delicacy in Mission Hills.

    ReplyDelete