The restoration of the fire-damaged home of William Chick Scarritt is proceeding nicely. The roof is now complete and installation of windows has begun..the curved ones for the tower should arrive soon. All HVAC and plumbing is finished and the electrical will be complete today 10/15/17. The house was built in 1887 and was extensively damaged by fire in September of 2016
The fire took out the second and third floors and caused heavy collapse and water damage to the first floor. Above and below are views from the second floor balcony of the William Wallace house next door and the KC Skyline. This balcony will be off the master bath.
Above, the view from the newly installed third floor windows looking south west toward downtown.
Above, the owners, Larry and Susan, acquired the mantel from a monastery in France..which was constructed around 1820. The stone piece at the top is from Belgium. Below, this is the new third floor.
Above, the carriage house in the rear where the couple are living until the third floor is finished. Below, the third floor looking south toward the front of the house.
Above, another view of the third floor which has three fireplaces.... Fireplace number two is below and even has a pizza oven up top.
First floor, front rooms. Floors have been removed to repair the joists. There was a lot of work needed to repair the beams and to clean out mold. This room, above and below, is on the southwest corner of the house. The decorative ceiling piece is from France.
Above, another ceiling piece to be installed which has come from India.
Above and below, the front parlor next to the entrance. The original stain-glass has been removed and is being repaired in St. Joseph. Parquet flooring with wood from Europe and Russia has arrived and is ready to be installed on the first and second floors.