Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Favorite Place ( yet again)

 Trying out the new camera.   Last new one was five years ago.  I like to take the new one and do shoots I've done before to see if operationally things have change much.   They haven't... except I have to be much steadier with a higher pixel count.    Kauffman Gardens beckoned today.   It was suppose to be sunny all day but clouds were the norm when I arrived this morning.  

 All shots taken with the Nikon D800.  Closeups were with the Nikon 105mm Macro, wide angles with the Nikon 14-24mm, and medium shots were with the Nikon 70-200mm.  Most all were at ASA 800 to allow for very high shutter speeds as I was hand-holding everything.
Very first picture is multiple images (5) stitched together in Photoshop.










 Love the detail in the new camera.   It has a 36 megapixel, full-sized sensor which means medium format quality in a 35mm body.   It also means it doesn't like camera shake.

 Above, a duck dropped in.... literally.



 Asian Poppy above.






2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying your new camera. That should keep you out of mischief for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such beauty in a world full of strife. Calms the soul and gives one hope. Good viewing, David!

    ReplyDelete