Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yours Mine and Ours...

To my surprise we found two families of geese at the lake today. I have no idea where the other group was on my previous trips... Here are the two resting and eating side by side. The original family that I've been following had 5 goslings. The new pair had six. They eat, rest and swim close to each other.Here's the original family below, resting under a tree. And yes... the water is really green... we called North Terrace Lake "Green Lake" when I was growing up.

2 comments:

  1. The canada geese do seem to flock together as they are 'bringing up baby.' Possibly, it's a defense mechanism.

    Nice pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. I been down there when a pair of geese who didn't have young and who were clear across the lake... sounded the alarm when a man with a dog came onto the scene... the parents and their young went immediately into the water.

    ReplyDelete