Friday, March 9, 2012

Senior Citizen Flower

The crocus bloomed late this year.... seems with a hard winter they bloom in February, with a mild one, March. I also realized that this same plant has been blooming since I was little... and came to discover via online research that Prairie Crocus can live 50 plus years.... I'm going to see if I can get a senior discount on plant food.... hardy little dickens.... and so welcome each spring. Nikon D3, 105mm macro lens, F22, ASA400. Tripod and cable release...

1 comment:

  1. Our "bloom early" purple multi-flower things (you know, as pictured on blog years ago) are all weak, tiny and might not even really do anything : (
    The tulips, on the other hand, are on time-ish and ready to roll soon.
    I scored a free bloomed amaryllis from someone at work (new work) who didn't want it anymore. And I keep saying "Stop Collecting Things." So hard.

    ReplyDelete