This magnificent 1888 Brownstone built for William Chick Scarritt burned yesterday. A local television station broadcast interior pictures from before the current owners restored this masterpiece. With their permission I'm posting these pictures of what was ACTUALLY lost. This is a tribute to the work of Larry and Susan... at least we have these memories for now. Much of the work was done by the owners themselves. To show the interiors before any work took place with the implication that not much in terms of furnishings were lost, is awful .
New roof, new copper gutters, restored exterior, rebuilt chimneys .
First floor rooms. No fire, but thousands of gallons of water and collapse damage.
Second floor, totally lost.
Third floor, also a total loss.
Note the view of the Kansas City skyline out the third floor window.