Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Top of the Falls to Ya


The falls along Cliff Drive were complete in 1989 and dedicated to Carl DiCapo. Today I decided to visit the falls top and bottom. This water feautre occupies the spot where the Cliff Drive Spring was located. Prior to it's closing in the late 50s many people visited it weekly to fill up jugs with spring water for the rest of the week. Or you could just stick your head under the spigot for a refreshing drink while on a hike.
The view from the top includes the East Bottoms Rail Yard and the horizon.

6 comments:

  1. I know I've heard about this before http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-CliffDrive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that's the one. There was another Scarritt Spring constructed below this site that my Dad used to gather watercress from for salads.
    Remnants of that one are still there today..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but don't go there after dark...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always, I really like the third one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://cliffdrive.org/home
    for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I have a great old postcard of Cliff Drive Spring. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete