Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blooms and Fungus Amungus

Common sulfur flutterby feasting on thistle (above). Below, wild onion in flower.


A lot of fungus this year.... since it's been relatively wet....

Above, the morel of the story (sorry).
Above and below red cup fungus.... very tiny... about the size of your pinky fingernail... likes the forest floor... most of these shots were taken along Indian Mound Trail.



Above, American Hover Fly getting takeout. Below, the beautiful symmetry of dandelion seeds.


Above yard clover very closeup.... below, same for thistle....
These bottom three were in a neighbor's yard.... don't know what they are but I like them.


3 comments:

  1. I started following your blog after Tiffany Tritico-Serrone's wedding. I love your photography! It's also nice to see local stuff b/c I just moved to KC a few months ago. Where/when did you find that morrel mushroom? I love mushroom hunting but usually have to drive to Omaha to go with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in the woods by Gladstone Boulevard and Elmwood Avenue... that is the first one I've seen though in 20 years... so probably not a fertile hunting ground.... of course I do tend to stay on the path....

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. If you guys want to come over here sometime I can show you where it was.....

    ReplyDelete