Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Red In Red Out

In the Spring my Japanese Maple heralds the seasonal change with a bright red hue.... in fall, as it prepares for Winter slumber, it does the same... flora optimism.



I have a hard maple that was particularly pretty this year... almost missed it completely.
All shots with the Nikon D3 and either 14-24mm or the 70-300mm at 1000 or 2000 ASA (because I was too lazy to get the tripod out of the car). Levels adjustment and sharpening in Camera Raw but no color enhancement. All shots with exposure compensation of +1.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shots.
    I am seeing that my trees colored up better than I thought they would, but not all at once.
    I need to take shots of my Japanese maple before it loses it leaves. I didn't place it in the ground in the most photogenic spot when I planted it, so its a challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, figured out why I couldn't link to the blog, think I got it fixed.

    ReplyDelete